CARMEL, INDIANA, March 14, 2023 – The Indiana Aviation Hall of Fame announces the election of the Class of 2023 for induction into the Hall of Fame. These outstanding individuals made significant, enduring contributions to the history of aviation and aerospace in Indiana, the nation, or the world through achievement, leadership, exceptional service, innovation, or entrepreneurial spirit. The 2023 Indiana Aviation Hall of Fame Honorees are:
- Boyd L. Ashcraft, Maj. Gen. USAFR (Ret.), distinguished military and airline pilot
- Paul Frank Baer, 1st American ace of WWI
- Thomas Q. Carney, Ph.D., Purdue University pilot and Professor Emeritus
- Robert A. Duncan, Pilot, FAA Examiner, Indianapolis airport director, and aviation lawyer
- Dave Gevers, Pilot, inventor, patent holder, educator, mechanic, and EAA leader
- Matthew D. Hagans, Pilot and Indiana aviation entrepreneur
- Margaret Hamilton, Pioneering NASA software engineer, National Aviation Hall of Fame Member
- Lewis A. Jackson, PhD, Pilot, designer, FAA Examiner, educator, Tuskegee trainer
These Honorees will be inducted at the Indiana Aviation Hall of Fame Honors Banquet October 7, 2023, at the 502 Event Center, Carmel, Indiana. The induction and Membership are commemorated with a permanent Indiana Aviation Hall of Fame display plaque and personal medallion and award.
More information about the Indiana Aviation Hall of Fame, the Honors Banquet, and the INAHOF Legacy, prior Honorees, and Members can be found at https://inahof.org.